Who Am I?

Wednesday, February 08, 2012

yah, but....

it isn't all about me.  This is what I want to tell myself especially after yesterday's post.  Or at least say out loud so that others know that I know.

It comes up in conversation all the time; how some part of life isn't meeting a need.  A restaurant meal, a small group, a child's dance class, a boss' meeting.  No where is this more apparent than in our churches.  It is the anxious aunt hanging around our church potluck.  She whispers into the ear of every church worker,"You aren't meeting their needs and they are going to LEAVE you."  This fear fuels much of our ministry.

I don't want to be someone who stomps her feet and leaves the party because they weren't serving food I like.  I really don't.

I also want to be called into community.  I know full well that it isn't all about me and I want to have the needs of the greater world shape my days and to-do list.  I want to model this for people and encourage others to join in.

So, again I am struggling to find the "just right."  When is my reaction to a group or event, a self centered whine, and when is it appropriate use of time?

1 comment:

Colette said...

I personally think it was a great decision to stay in your craftroom :-)