Who Am I?

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

One Day in November 2013

This is the second year I have recorded the activity of my day with photographs.  As with this blog, I blinked, and a whole year passed.  BB captured it, "Geez.  Didn't you just do this project?" (click link to see 2012)  I assured everyone that we had lived 12 entire months since I did this to them the first time.  As with last year they find it odd that I take photos of food and clocks and shoes.  I take some of their faces as well, but those get posted elsewhere.  Privacy is a concern of my oldest child, "These aren't going on Facebook, are they?"  (well, maybe. shhhh.)

As the day started, my parents were ending their four day visit.  I got kids to school and then sat for a quick cup of coffee with them before they headed back to Minnesota.  The rest of the day was a quiet one in comparison to the previous four or the upcoming three.

Wednesdays are always a bit busier due to a change in school schedule, choir and dinner at church.  This week BB wanted to check out Lego Camp at the library before choir.

I put in 57 miles.  30 some less than my Wednesday in 2012.  I caught up on two episodes of Revenge (it isn't capturing my attention this season) The voices of the crazed characters were welcome as I made banana bread for the second time this week.  (freezer is being over run by bananas).

In the back of my mind was sermon prep for a horrid text from Luke 21.  I am also leading a dinner and discussion night on Friday.  Nadia Bolz-Weber's Animate video is our discussion starter.

The photos are in a rough order…a day which started around 6:30am and ended (for the children) around 8pm.

Thanks to Hollywood Housewife for inspiring this project!  I look forward to sipping coffee tomorrow and catching a glimpse of One Day in other people's lives.  For as much as the social media proves to hinder my productivity, it also never ceases to inspire and delight.















































3 comments:

MC said...

Loved seeing all your One Day pics! Oh and thank you for the idea to put the bananans in the microwave...I can't believe I never thought of that when making banana bread


Pearls, Diamonds and Everything Else

Brenda said...

I was going to say the exact same thing as the previous commenter about putting bananas in the microwave. Smart!!

Laura @ Hollywood Housewife said...

Oh, dear. I worry for the day that my kids understand all those pictures I take are actually GOING PUBLIC.

Thanks for playing along on One Day.