Who Am I?

Monday, February 13, 2012

Sermon Prep: Transfiguration Year B

This week I will be preparing for a sermon.  Over the past years my habitat has become one of late Saturday night writing.  As the clock ticks on towards Sunday morning I always kick myself for not preparing ahead of time or working harder.  One thing that always comes back to me is the oppressive nature of the blank page.  "If I would just start writing..."  I know that any words--good, bad, or ugly--start the process towards a completed sermon.  So why not start writing down those words a few hours before Saturday night? 

This is the novel idea you get to watch unfold this week.  Combining two goals, I plan to starting writing and documenting my preparation in blog entries over the course of this week.

No comments: