Who Am I?

Friday, May 07, 2010

Thursday

Wednesday night after returning home at 11pm from class and friend time, I learned that we had a house showing the next afternoon.  Thursday morning I woke up ready to clean.  After BB was at school, we raced back and I began.  I had on my "bleachable" cleaning clothes and crazy hair.  About 20 mins in to my whirlwind, the FBI knocked at my door.  And there began my day.

They weren't there for me.  But nevertheless my heart stopped a little.  "What the %^&*?" I thought to myself.  He was very nice.  It is a very fancy badge.  They do wear dark suits.  He was doing a background check on a neighbor who has applied for a job with the Federal Gov't.  I reported what I knew about her and said, that "Yes to the best of my knowledge she is a good American."  (a friend wondered if they knew much about me...my comments to over throw the government are only in jest and, I might add,  they were actually the very essence of the American spirit.)

The house was cleaned.  I picked up BB.  I had to finish the floors in the house so I left BB and EG in the car.  They were in the garage, a bit put out that I was leaving them, I put on a cd.  I lost track of time, but can't imagine it was near 20 mins...BB called out that the cd had stopped playing.  The battery in my car was dead.

Wanting a bit of adventure in my day, I pushed the car into neutral and began to push it out of the driveway...actually anticipating the excitement of running and JUMPING back into the car to slam on the brakes.  That was the fun part.  I called a friend (is there a word beyond friend?  Because she fits into a category beyond simply friend.) to see if she was around and had nothing else to do but jump my car battery.  She, of course, was waiting with baited breathe for me to call and request her help.  (not)  While I waited for her the neighbor across the street tried to help, but either our cables didn't work or the connection was bad...I sent him on his way to a meeting.  Once my friend arrived we got the other cables and gave it a go.  My car roared to full power.

I had to keep the car running to charge the battery, I needed breakfast and lunch AND we had a house showing in a few hours.  I decided to drive 45 mins away to have Chipotle for lunch.  It was completely worth it.

Upon arriving home at around 4pm, I started dinner.  At 5pm I looked at my calendar only to find I had a meeting to go to.  (one which I never quite sure why I am in attendance of)  I called my Husband and he met me at the church.  We traded cars.  I went to a meeting.  He took kids home.


That was Thursday.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Uff da. I hope Friday is, well, calmer. Thanks for sharing the story!

Anonymous said...

Am laughing that Eva's CD wore down the battery on Mangha and Papa's car just over the Canadian border - never so happy to be penned into our parking spot by a....tow truck!

My heart goes out to you trying to keep the house picked up and clean with TWO kiddos. Yikes.


Love you - and Happy Mother's Day weekend to you!