Who Am I?

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Resolute...ish

At the beginning of the year I wrote out a few resolutions for the new year.  As resolutions go, life has seemed to derail me over the years.  Thyroid.  Pregnancy.  Lack of sleep.  Care-taking.  It all tends to get in the way of goals that only involve me...me, me, me.

1.  I decided that I would never actually get my hair long enough for Locks of Love.  I did decide to do something different with my hair before I turn 40 this summer. I have had the same basic bob at some length for nearly 20 years.  Blah.  You can see some of my hair ideas on my Pinterest board.  You can link to my Pinterest via the blog...there is a small button on the right side of page.

2. Knitting is for the fall or winter.

3.  This is hit and miss.  I did start using Livestrong.com and their calorie counter.  I've logged on for six weeks and lost about the same amount of pounds.  I've managed to get on the treadmill some nights...

back when LP was sleeping all night.  That one week.  A month ago.  It was great--Have you tried sleeping for 7 hours in row?  It rocks!  I am glad to have had the experience.  But, I digress.

I've done pretty well with my eating goals, but the exercise increase is proving more difficult to fit into my schedule.  I can either write, exercise, sleep or straighten the house/decorate/unpack.  On any given day I only get to one of these.  (which leads in to #5, writing every day)

4.  Sigh.

5.  I have written more in the last few months than I did all of last year, so I see progress.  I have also tried to think over what I want out of this blog.  I'd love to have more community here (wider audience) but blogging can be an overwhelming undertaking.  Time consuming.   While I appreciate this hobby/craft, I do evaluate why I'm doing it.


I may not be following my own ideas to the letter of the law but I'm making a good faith effort.

How about you?  How are your goals coming along?  Have you made new ones?  Ditched some?


No comments: