Who Am I?

Monday, March 19, 2012

Can you hear me?

I saved you all from my sermon process last week.  In fact, the whole thing nearly slipped my mind.  That's not completely true, I did a bit of research and study but I tried my best to not obsess over it.  Too often my internal processing explodes all over my kids.  "Stop bothering me, go play, get away...Momma's thinking about Jesus."  It has a lovely ring to it, doesn't it?

At about 5pm on Saturday night I began to write in earnest.  By mid-night I had some version of something.  Around 5am when I looked at it again, I wondered what exactly it was...but by 8am I had something resembling a sermon.

At 10:30am I figured out that while my microphone was working some part of the sound system in the pulpit had been taken away for repair.  This explained why no one outside of the chancel (and the first few pews) could hear me during the first two worship services.   It also explained the blank stares and polite smiles I kept trying to decipher as I preached.

The third sermon is always a bit hard to get 'geared up for'--something about beating a dead horse comes to mind.  After my brief 'woe is me why even bother' pity party in my office, I realized this would actually be the first time anyone in the congregation heard the sermon.  My energy improved, even if my mood concerning microphones did not.

No comments: