Who Am I?

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

WHO do you love?

Dinner conversation at our house.  I am in the kitchen eating tacos with the kids.  Husband is outside talking to our neighbor.

 EG asks me, "Is she married?" (the neighbor)
"Yes.  I believe she is."
EG, "To her husband?"
"Yes."

 Across the table BB is dancing and hopping off and on his chair.  I am feeding LP a mixture of sweet potatoes and apple sauce.

BB tickles LP, "My brother is so cute.  Cutie pie, cutie pie."  (pause)  "When I get older I'm going to marry Pookie."
"Well, BB, you can't marry Pookie.  You have to marry someone who you don't know."

EG pipes in.  "You can only be one thing to a person at a time.  He's your brother."
BB, "But I can still love him."

I respond, "Yes.  Of course you can."
EG pipes in again.  "Love, love, love.  Love over.  Love under. In love.  Hey, 'in love' is a word."

BB in this bold, bossy voice and tone, "Who's in love?"
EG isn't phased by the voice, "Married people."

BB has a tenancy to not listen when people talk, "What, EG?"  Then realize that he did hear the person and processes the information later.  "Mom, have you ever been in love.  What's she talking about?"

I say, "Well, I love your Dad."
BB says, " But are you in love with him?"
I'm laughing.  "Of course, we're married."

BB is absolutely floored.  "You are in love with Dad?!"
EG, flat out.  "I knew that."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew that too EG;) SO Cute!
-BW

Colette said...

EG. LOVE.