Who Am I?

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sleep Isn't Worth it.

For the last two weeks I have been trying to get up and go to the gym. I have actually done it the majority of the days. Today, my husband had to be at a meeting early so it seemed helpful for me to stay home so he could get ready without the kids needing things. I also fell in to old habits last night and felt like an extra hour of sleep would help.

Wrong.

I need the adrenaline. I need to coffee I pick up on the way home. I need the feeling of accomplishment.
Tuesday morning went like this:
5am-up and in car to gym
worked out (did you know 100s of people are up and lifting weights at this hour? crazy.)
6:30am on my way home with coffee.
Then shower, feed, laundry, dress, clean up kitchen, check email, organize errands.
8:20 in car to school
8:30 on way to office
9:00 working on bulletin board
9:30 at mom's group (a half hour late, but that's another story)

Productive, right?

Today:
Slept until 7am.
Baseball hat on head, "hurry, hurry, hurry, kids!" Had to push BB much faster than he likes. He's frustrated. EG destroyed a wood block creation he made...then hit him with a block. He's upset. (rightfully so) "Hurry, hurry, hurry, no time to ponder how to fix broken creation. MOVE!" Wants shoes with socks. So behind that socks put me over the edge..."NO, SOCKS." "Mom?" "Fine. Get the socks."
He puts on socks. I spray his Dennis the Menace hair with water and brush. He freaks out because I got water on his legs (can we say power trip?) I then swoop in with my evil plan to rid his face of crusty yogurt. More screaming. Get the screams under control. Shoes on. Then I notice he has snot coming across his face after said crying. He goes to wipe it on shirt. "NOOOOOOO!!!!" (why do I actually care?) "We don't wipe snot on our clothes." More crying. More crying.

8:20 in car to school.
8:22 in school parking lot. Shake off dance is invented. I tell BB that he and I will do this dance and start the morning over. We both wiggle and shake our heads. Giggle. Hugs.

Must. get. up. Not. an. option. The next hour of sleep was in no way worth it.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Totally agree with you. So hard to say no to extra sleep, but when it's "your time" in question, somehow it all seems very, very worth it. Laughing so hard at the shake off dance - love it! You are awesome, btw, for getting to the gym ~5am. Wow. No one is going to the gym around here....sigh. Miss it very much. Glad the hills are free at least!