Who Am I?

Thursday, September 03, 2009

Doing a New Thing #2


Last night my husband came home with flowers. And, a gym membership.

We had agreed to the gym membership but in a phone conversation I jokingly acted hurt by his "gift" membership to a place which pretty much screams guilt and "letting oneself go" every time I drive by it. (on the way to get coffee, shop or buy a pretzel-any number of directions this Fall Change program could take)

Thus the flowers. The gesture added humor, care and love to this next step of "Doing a New Thing." It represented a whole lot more in terms of our relationship as well. Needless to say, we are both branching out in new directions.

Today, I was awake at 5:30am. I am always awaken at 5:30am to take my thyroid meds, but today I actually got out of bed. I got dressed. I got in the car and drove alone in blissful silence to a yoga class.

It was a good morning. Right now I need to return to making it a good day...a bit trickier because of the cast of characters.

First up on the list of whines I had to either ignore or address:

Going to the bathroom. BB has been alseep for 12 hours--still will not go to the bathroom. He will writhe in pain at the table, but will not go.

Once he decides he needs to go...usually two bites into breakfast (which he also didn't want to eat) he doesn't want to wash his hands.

Once he loses that battle, he moves on to the things he doesn't want to do today.
First up, get his haircut from a woman named Emily. His usual hairstylist is on vacation. I can not bring her back just for him. I am amazing, but I can not drag her off a mountain in Colorado.

Tomorrow is the first day of MOPS. That will be #3 on my list of Do a New Thing. More later...

2 comments:

Colette said...

Very pretty flowers! And if nothing else, the motivating factor that always got me to the gym was that "quiet, blissful, aloneness" that I got while taking a shower after working out - you know, the time that one often craves - oh, maybe around 5:15pm everyday. You might just get it at 5:15 AM instead, but hey :-)

Colette said...

And hold the phone, you have to get up just to take your thyroid medication? Hope it helps. A lot! Whew!