Who Am I?

Saturday, September 05, 2009

it starts here

Being a homemaker was never on my list of things to do. Trust me I made lists. I kept them. I've checked them over. It is never listed. Not. Once.

But you either have to accept reality or re-frame it. Here is a nice re-framing...

I can do nothing about the state of the world, except work on the parts of it I directly touch. As someone who would really rather be out slaying the big dragons of "the world," finding purpose in the smallest parts of life is a spiritual exercise.

Today we...
ate cinnamon crunch bagels with strawberries for breakfast
went for a hike with 4 other families
rearranged our yard
made cookies
watched Sunshine Cleaning
ironed clothes for the first day of Sunday School
wrote my grandmother
played on the computer

We each did our best to be the best to each other we could be.

1 comment:

A Work in Progress said...

Is re-framing actually different than accepting realty? I might have written that paragraph off the rails. ???