Who Am I?

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ok. Everyone, Back to School.

I have the summer time blues. Thankfully, they didn't hit until August this year. Last summer I spent nearly two months in a funk.

I'm ready for our schedules to pick back up again. Enough of this laying around until 7am and no plan for the day except going to a park, playing in the backyard pool and enjoying iced tea at a sidewalk cafe. Enough, already. Bring back a schedule...places to go and most importantly PEOPLE TO SEE.

How sad is it that I am serious? I think what is really getting me is the nagging guilt that I should be planning super duper fun days for Big Boy. Explore Nature Day or Color Red Day or Learn About Cooking Day. There is also added pressure (coming only from some self created La La Land within my mind) to have a perfectly clean, orderly house. During the other nine months I have outside projects and obligations that keep this pressure at bay...projects are so much more important than dust bunnies under the bed.

I realize I sound ridiculous, and that only makes me feel worse. :) The funk is on in full force.

Editors Note: I just reviewed this entry a few hours later...perhaps I shouldn't write when in a funk. At least not without offering a contest to see who can spot all my typos. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean, you are not planning his days? What kind of mother are you? You just let him have "free time" and offer him oppotunities to entertain himself? Sheesh!! Just kidding. Kids' lives are way too organized by well meaning adults these days. He's better off with you NOT planning things like that. Now, not seeing people. That's a problem. I will admit that summer is quite an adjustment to MY social life and calendar. I can't do this because I have my kids and I can't do that. Blah! Blah! Blah! At least I don't have to go to work!! :) I only have 5 days left.... I'm sad. I am in that funk. Excited for new opportunities and experiences but sad that another milestone is passing. Another grade in school...seems like yesterday they were babies. It goes FAST!