Who Am I?

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Click

Our digital camera broke a few weeks ago. Right before EG's monthly birthday photo and right before a family vacation. Seeing as I can't live without taking photos of my children and more importantly their grandparents miss them, I had to come up with a cheap solution.

A long time ago, say 5 to 10 years, disposable cameras were all the rage. My youth group loved going on photo scavenger hunts and every wedding I was at had them at the table. Yesterday, I bought two for our trip. (My husband did remind me that I could have just bought film for the other camera..."oh, yeah, film.")

The camera throughly confused Big Boy. "Wait, wait stay still a little longer. I need to wind the film to take the next photo."

"Mommy, why you say, wind the film?," he asked.

Then he got quite agitated when he couldn't look at the photo a second after I snapped it. I tried to explain the process of film and film developing...but I got a very glazed over look right before he said...

"Mommy, go get a real camera so I can see myself right now." Lovely. Just, lovely.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU for an entry! I didn't know I was going to do with myself. I know I kept nagging you!! Anyway, you know you take too many pictures of your children when they can go from a full blown hissy to a perfect smiling picture pose when the camera comes out. True story. My children can all strike "the pose." Hilarious! And see, you explain too much. I would have just said the camera was broken and I had to get new one that doesn't show pictures. But there you go, overachiever, trying to explain to a 2 1/2 year old about film and developing. Your children will be smarter than mine!! :)