Who Am I?

Monday, June 07, 2010

Theology with BB--weather edition

My husband and I recently left town.  While gone, my parents got to experience the kids' first trip to the basement for a tornado warning. 

The experience made an impact on BB.  Last night, as I tucked him in to bed, he wondered if there would be any over the nighttime.  Today, he over heard a news story reporting on the damage done around the Midwest and he asked again if they were coming our way. 

Then even later in the day he stopped in to the office for this gem of a conversation.  It highlights many lessons four year olds work on in preschool and life.

"Mom, I was shinking (thinking) a 'ittle during my quiet time...I don't like tornadoes.  Tornadoes are bad."
Long pause.
"You should tell God to take away all those tornadoes.  Because God doesn't make good decisions.  God shouldn't send any more."
Long pause as he stands in the door way.  I have my Bible open on the desk.  I look at him and nod my head up and down in a manner to reflect my concern for his insights and a slight dismissal so he doesn't see me start to laugh.  After a bit more time, he leaves.
A few minutes later, he pops his head around my door.  He wraps his body around the door jam and his right foot kicks up in the air.
In a breezy tone he inquires, "Did you tell God to make better decisions yet?"

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

HE IS HILARIOUS! A man after my own heart ... telling God what to do. I am STILL laughing. How did you ever keep a straight face? I can picture the entire conversation. You just better not nod at me that way! Like you're trying not to laugh at my theology. Ha! Ha! : )

Jennie said...

You can let BB know that I've often tried to encourage God to make better decisions. :)