Who Am I?

Thursday, January 07, 2010

Winter Wonderland


 We had a snow day today.  We received a pretty large amount of snow (for where we live) and it has made things very, very beautiful.  Snow does that.  Someone described it as grace dancing.  I described it as wonder and awe.  Some see frozen rain...they aren't the poets among us.
The photos in this entry are from the Winter Wonderland where I grew up.  We took them over Christmas.  It was a great week to watch snow fall and fall.  We stayed warm inside baking and talking and watching the kids run around.  (Oh, and work on those Christmas cards.)  We headed out to downhill ski, make snowpeople and snow forts.  Some went ice skating and sledding and skiing.

The people I live among right now are good people.  On most any given day I enjoy many of them.  They can not, however, drive a snow plow or drive a car with more than a light freezing rain.
So, we stayed home and enjoyed the falling grace.

(and to those who have wondered: yes, that is 'snow' falling on my page right now. No need to have your vision checked.)