Who Am I?

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Cookies for a Tea Party




I made these for my niece's second birthday.  I have a friend who has made felt cookies for her kids to play with and her mom made a tea bag for a party--they inspired me.  When you search the topic of felt play foods you come up with quite a few websites.  Great ideas and inspiration!

For some reason I needed the project to be as easy as possible.  So, I ordered a few kits from Lilly Bean.  I found her off of Martha Stewart.  It wasn't super expensive and arrived at my door with ease.  I ended up hand sewing these instead of breaking out my machine.  I blanket stitched the edges.  They would have been cuter with embroidery thread on the edges, but I kept it simple.

BB loved them and wants some of his own.  I have a few more kits from Lilly Bean to make and I also bought felt from Michaels to make simple round cookies next week.  They were quick, fun and pretty cute.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are very cute!

Colette said...

Eva LOVES these!!!! What a great idea - thank you soooo much! Today we traced them and made drawings of them on her erasable drawing board "thingie" for almost 45 minutes....so that shows you how popular they continue to be around here :-)