Who Am I?

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer Dreamin'

Today I woke with a dream.  I hatched a plan.  It was to be a grand adventure, meant to free us from the illness and busy, frantic pace of the past few weeks.  It felt like something from from my 20's....all carefree and spontaneous. 

Remember those trips that involved nothing more than throwing somethings in a bag, grabbing some cash, filling up on gas and driving?  No baggage.  Nothing slowing or weighing you down.  Only your own schedule to clear.  You could drive all night, arriving at dawn and ready for fun and festivity. 

My plan involved quick packing, surprise and joy, a long drive, followed by an nearly immediate turn around. It could be done.  All involved could pull it off.  I emailed my partner (in crime) and set out my plan before him.

His email response came within a few minutes..."Sounds like fun!"
and then a few minutes later...
"I have a meeting at noon."

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

BUMMER!!! Where were you going??

Jennie said...

Silly responsible adult life...

Next time the urge hits, call me. I'll see what I can cancel. :)