Who Am I?

Friday, March 19, 2010

Confession Friday--Take 4

I am that mom.  The one who isn't totally available to help her kids because one hand is gripping a coffee cup.  I hold the coffee for comfort.  If I wasn't holding coffee it would be a water bottle...or food.  It gives me purpose.  It protects me and gives me "something to do" while I listen to people talk or think of what to say.  It also keeps me awake.

But I am that Mom.  The one holding a starbucks cup.  I came to the realization a few weeks ago when I couldn't fully help EG up the escalator because I had hot coffee in one hand.  I notice I can't always hold both of my kid's hands through a parking lot because I only have one free hand.  The one a wee bit late for gymnastics because she had to run to get coffee before class.  The one with stained fingers because the coffee has bubbled out on to her hand while walking. (while holding bags, kids' hands, keys, etc. AND said, coffee.)

On Wednesday, I added littering to my coffee sins as well.   I brought a cup of coffee to the park, as I was finishing the coffee, one of the kids needed a boost up.  The garbage can is a bit of a ways from where we were playing so I put down my empty cup on the ground and went over to go help them.  My intent was to remember the cup and throw it into the garbage can. 

As we were driving home later, I realized I never did take that cup back to the garbage can.

1 comment:

Colette said...

When are you coming here to visit? You'd fit RIGHT in :-) Love these confessions, btw - they make my week!
Love ya,
C