Who Am I?

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Brown Bear, Brown Bear, what do you see? I see GOLDFISH...

For the past week it has been party preparation time around here.  I had great helpers.  BB took the lead of theme and I finished off the details with the help of some great party planners.  EG did actually pick her theme.  It came from the book Brown Bear, Brown Bear...half way in, you see a Goldfish looking at you.  EG likes the fish.

My Mom and Dad came by to celebrate with EG as she turned two.  The following are some photos of the party.  Now, mind you, the only guests in attendance were the ones who did the planning and work...a very funny experience.

The baking begins.

  
Goldfish cookies...the cookie traditions lives on.  Check back to BB's birthday in December 2009 for links to the cookie recipe.
  

  

  The cake...awe, the cake.  It took on a color all its own.  Blue is a pretty ugly cake color, but blue was the color BB requested demanded the cake to be.  As the day went on, it became more green...we just assumed the fish swam deeper into the ocean bottom.
My Mom made the eyes for the fish.  In the Eric Carle book, Brown Bear, Brown Bear, the goldfish's eyes are green.
  

  

  
 
    Jello jiggles fish were a late addition to the menu.  Again, you can guess who came up with the idea.

  The table is set.

Placemats were placed. 

  

  

This is something EG actually requested:  goldfish crackers. 

From The Pionner Woman, I tried her fancy mac and cheese.  My Dad actually did the hard part and stired while I threw ingredients in and managed the heat level.  (grin)  He and I have made two meals together in the last four years...it is a hoot to watch and listen to us.  
I really liked it.  Very rich.  EG had requested noodles and cheese for her menu.  I thought this might be more classy than Kraft Mac and Cheese...but the kids didn't each much of it.  Sigh.

Happy Birthday, EG!  You are the best two year old in the whole wide world.  We love you so.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

I love it! Love the cake, especially the swirly decorations on the side and placing it on the bubble-y mat. Perfect! You and BB and EG can plan one of my parties anytime!

Rachel said...

sounds like a wonderful day! :)

caron said...

REALLY WISH you had some video footage of "cooking with dad". :)

and i agree: EG is a fantastic/lovely/pleasant little 2 yr. old.

glad it was such a success!