Who Am I?

Monday, February 08, 2010

Snow...again. Did I just say that?

I love snow. Love, love, love it. Didn't I wax on about how it is grace falling...or some such phrase? Well, here it comes again.

5 to 8 inches are expected over the next few days. My love for snow developed in regions of the country that are use to snow. Can handle it. Enjoy it. 5 to 8 inches is a typical event...not a "stock up, shut down school, cancel meetings, panic" type of event. Here, roads aren't cleared and people can't drive. Schools are canceled and the kids are home. (my biggest concern, frankly.)

Yesterday, a young woman canceled a meeting with me in anticipation of the possibility of snow. Ok, points for honesty...but it was hard not to (pastorally, of course) laugh at her.

I love to see falling snow. I don't love it where I am. We do Spring really well here...let's get on with that.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

I wholehaertedly love the comment that snow is grace falling. People just need to get over it. Sheesh. WHAT is with the panic? Just like us not to appreciate what we have and want something else. Take time to enjoy what is given to you. Sorry that sounds so crabby. I posted on this after I read the "Guilt" one. :)

Rachel said...

Everytime I looked out the window today, I felt like I was looking at your blog. :)

(snow falling)