Who Am I?

Monday, October 20, 2008

Changing Seasons...when the leaves are staying put

My friend over at The Emmaus Road writes about the changing seasons in her garden. She is ready for a change. As she writes she sticks to the garden, but it got me thinking about the changing season in our lives.

For as far back as I can remember I have been waiting for the next season of my life to begin. For school to start, then summer to come, then school to start...this particular pattern went on until I was 29 or so. When will the snow come? When is the next race? When can I get my ears pierced? When can I wear makeup? When can I drive? When can I vote? When can I drink? When can move away? When can I make my own decisions... How long will we live here? How about here? Here? When to get married? When to have a baby? The next one? When to stop having babies? When to move calls? When to take a new call?

We seem to be in a new season for me. It is called; Staying Put.


I have no idea how to do this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I, for one am glad (about the staying put). I know that others will not be. :)