Who Am I?

Monday, January 23, 2012

Well, that could have been awkward.

I pump milk for LP four times a day.  I have the pump set up near the computer so I can watch tv shows or catch up on facebook fun.  I sit just to the right, facing a patio sliding door.  Often I enjoy the trees and snow falling as I sit there.  More often, the blinds are closed.

Today, while vacuuming I pulled the cord on the blinds too hard and it came crashing to the floor.  While it is an easy fix to get it back up, but I didn't get to it right away.

I stopped pumping in the mid-morning a month or so ago.

As with most houses a person comes around to read the electric meter.  They walk on foot and often need to come very far into people's yards.

These are not random facts.  They tie together seamlessly this way...

I am giving sincere thanks that today was not the day I caused permanent damage to a young man by pumping in front of my computer when the blinds are up/broken.  (his vision and his mental state were all in jeopardy, although it might be good birth control from our young men.)

Fact number #142,000 we are learning about our new house--the meter reader has to get right up on the back deck to read our meter.  Windows surrounding him.  I'm going to go mark the calendar for March right now.

(he did get to see my cleaning outfit--green pj bottoms with white polka dots and a over-sized pregnancy t shirt.  The black socks and black dress clogs finished off the look.)

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Thanks for the warning! I would have spit a beverage. WOW!! I would mark the calendar for that. I am still trying to visualize the cleaning outfit. : )

Colette said...

You still have those pj bottoms? Wait - I still wear the blue monkey ones....I think they are from the same era :-)

BTW, we got our meter reading today. Must have been a mistake, let's hope. It was so insane I can't even type it. Let's just say it is the cost of a flight. To get home from here!

Good luck with the blind fixing ;-)