Who Am I?

Monday, January 30, 2012

Board Games in the Future.

My parents are hopeless at trivia from the 1970's.  It always seemed odd to me because, after all, they were alive during that period of time.  As a kid, I always thought, "Weren't you paying attention?  You're an adult, after all."  I remember sitting on the floor between my Dad's knees and feet.  Listening and trying to keep up with the laughter and banter above me while my parent's played trivia games.  How could they not remember?

They had babies.  That's how.

Years from now my kids will be playing a trivia game (we will each be in separate rooms and will have plugged a chip into our brain-held gaming device) and they will wonder why I don't know anything from 2005...on.

And I will tell them it is because in the winter of 2011 we moved to a new house where I couldn't no longer watch the Today Show without them seeing it as well.

And it will be noted that we saw one movie (on dvd) between May of 2011 and January of 2012.

And I will mentioned that one of them woke each night anywhere between 2am and 4am.  Instead of coming to get me for whatever was needed, she would simply sit up in bed and shout or cry or scream, until one of arrived to help her.

And it will be noted that another one was a floppy fish of a baby who couldn't figure out how to sleep longer than 5 hours at a stretch.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Oh this is funny. I have appreciated every moment of sleep that I have received since Dec. 29, 2007. Whole-heartedly. Hang in there and hope everyone figures out that we all need to sleep at night - all night :-)