Who Am I?

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Books.

I just finished the book, What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.  While it falls under the category of 'light read', it is longer and more thoughtful/thought provoking than many of my 'chic lit' reads.  It is basically a story of a woman who hits her head and gets amnesia.  She wakes up remembering nothing from the last 10 years of her life.  She was 29, newly married and had no kids.  Now she is 39 with three kids and the brink of a divorce.

I was a nice story and managed to enliven some brainwaves and spur introspective thought, as LP and I read at 3am a few days ago.  What would my 20 something self think, if she woke up in my life today?  I came to the conclusion that my 10 year old self would think my 20 year old self was pretty cool.  But this past decade...no lying, it has been one you'd have to live through to understand.  (and even then, thinking about it would keep up at night...or, maybe that was LP.)

Next up is Jodi Picoult's latest novelSing You Home.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Oh, Sing You Home is a wonderful book. It's not exactly light reading though. It's a little long and thought provoking. : ) I really enjoyed it. And, wait for it, .... yes, it made me cry.