Who Am I?

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What I Need to Live Up to...

If I have any complaint about BB's preschool it is this.  Too. Many. Birthday Parties.  While the parties don't compare to the likes of Hollywood celebrities or even the articles you read about life in The Big City.  They are still more than I think a five year old needs.  (or a three year old--she's getting invited, too.)  I have no idea how parents are planning to top themselves each year.

For many reason we aren't having a party this year.  I mean we ARE.  It just won't look like the last four parties....no grandparents, no invitations (yet)...Instead, we are heading to A BIG CITY to hang out as a family at a museum and then look at the Christmas lights.  On Thursday we'll let BB pick his meal.  He'll bring a goodie bag to school for each classmate (because we can't bring food...)  Sometime soon we are planning a special "play date" with three of his friends from school.  I imagine there will be cake, an activity and it will feel a bit like a party to a five year old.

This week I need to figure out how many of last years traditions I want to recreate. I best get busy...

No comments: