Who Am I?

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Repairing His First Love


This is BB's Bunny Bear.  You can read about him/her here.   BB, my son, has a bad habit of chewing on Bunny Bear right now.  To describe the results in words is pretty grotesque--so I will leave you to look upon the poor little guy.

In a moment of maternal love, I decided to help both BB and Bunny Bear.
I took a try at repair.  I dumped out the stuffing.  I sewed up the arms and cut up my t-shirt to make a new face.  The new eyes, nose, and mouth leave something to be desired.  I may give a try at the face another day.
  I tucked Bunny Bear in with BB last night.  The slight smile on my son's face was priceless.  I'm not sure who needs Bunny Bear to stick around a bit longer, my son or his mother.  The growth spurt on BB is going too fast, and if fixing a bear from his toddler days keeps him this side of baby-hood, I am going to work very hard to keep this little bear whole for as long as possible.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear dear bunny bear, you are the best. I like your new face lift. Who is your Dr. I know BB must be so very happy.

Colette said...

Bunny Bear looks fantastic! Looks like a great plastic surgeon at work.....and I think it's awesome he still hangs out with this little guy!!

Anonymous said...

Having made many repairs on Ernie, I completely understand. Great work!!!
-BW

caron said...

bunny bear!! i've always wondered what you look like. now i know!! and having this knowledge, i can understand why BB loves you so. and how he's loved you so.

hooray for doctors!