Who Am I?

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hunting for a House

My husband and I have accepted reality.  For now.  This.  Is where we live.  It is, and we might as well make peace with that fact.  There are many reasons this community doesn't fit, and if I focus on them, they start to multiply.  But there are a lot of things this community offers us, and when I focus on all of them, I am thankful.

We are going to focus on 'thankful' for the time being.

For the past two years EG has shared a room with us.  She has been a great roommate.  Quiet, respectful, able to sleep with the lights on or off; she is even able to sleep through quiet conversation or the blare of the morning alarms.  Sure, her decorating isn't quite my style--I'm not in favor of red crayon scribbled on green walls--but she's held up her end of the roommate pact like the trooper she is.  Like any good roommate, there is always the pull to "grow up and move on."  It is time to do just that.

I'm going to spread out my thoughts on this house hunt for a few posts.  Read along as you are so interested.

No comments: