Who Am I?

Monday, April 05, 2010

He is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!!

I practiced this basic piece of the Easter liturgy with the kids all Sunday morning.  EG had it down.  Too, too cute to hear a two year old shout back, "He is Risen, Indeed!"  And, then...her 'Alleluia,' it is heaven itself to listen to.**

We had a fantastic Easter with family.  At one point during the afternoon on Sunday I was so overwhelmed by the joy in my backyard.  New life was sprouting up in every direction. 
It was also one of those moments that are achingly sad for someone who lives a 12 hour car ride from family...
"This is how every weekend could be,"  I think wistfully to myself.  But life is full of these momentary glimpses of "love," "grace," "joy," and the Kingdom to Come.  I am so thankful for this Easter.  Blessings to each of you who were there to share in it.  We love you.
Some photos of the prep and festivities.







** Now, she didn't actually get to say it during worship because I thought the 9am service started at 9:30am.  oops.  I got to practice offering myself grace right away on Easter morning. 

3 comments:

Colette said...

:-) :-) :-) Love you! Missed you!!

Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful time!!! I too wish you lived closer! :)

A Work in Progress said...

Dear, Anon...don't you think that should read, "I too wish WE lived closer." ???? :)