Who Am I?

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Ah, I needed that

As suspected, the House of My Dreams, did not find our offer to be satisfactory.  In hindsight we probably gave up to early in the negotiations, but future (unknown) utility bills danced in my head.  (We are also not game players the back and forth and waiting wasn't fun to us...just tedious and silly.)  I wish it well, and like all relationships you learn something along the way.  It will not have been in vain--our short run at a life together.

When you are mid-breakup (and I will stop this metaphor very soon, I promise) it is always good to just change scenery.  I suggest running away.

We choose a brother and sister in law's home a half days drive away.  The fact they have a beautiful, new, custom build home wasn't a huge help to our mood, but their wonderful company and a gaggle of adorable nephews and a niece made it all worthwhile.  The starbucks coffee, steak kabobs and ice cream the hosts provided me, helped too.  Our sons are fast friends.  At just three and four they have shared a tight bond over their short lives--only seeing each other a few times a year.  I love working to strengthen and nurture our family ties.

We hope to see a new house tomorrow.  I have dubbed it House Number 4,562.  On paper and in photos it has possibilities...and dubious qualities I wait to see in person.  The price is right, so we'll start there.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Dating totally stinks, doesn't it? :) Good luck with the search! And remember, unlike marriage, a house is not necessarily a life-time commitment.

caron said...

hah! i love it! "mid-break up, i suggest running away". so funny!

cmon, email me a link to 4562. i gotta be in the know! i made peace with my home digs, you're making peace with your current/future with each new house. it's cool.