Who Am I?

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Self Control

I woke convicted that I must dig deep within myself. I need to unearth a new level of self control. So this morning I am telling myself to take the day minute by minute. I can do this.

It isn't food. Not alcohol or drugs. Not coffee. No, my friends it is Facebook. I know, just a few posts ago I expressed my confusion over what it is and what exactly is so magical about it, I know.

But I am addicted.

It involves people. It involves searching through the past for people you once knew. It has the snooping element; you can search through other people's friends. Piece together who knows each other and imagine how they met, how they are connected. You read snippets of their life and can imagine. (I'm a snoop at heart...I confess. And I have a huge imagination.) Plus, people actually use this more than email...I have actually heard from more people (or different people) than I do via email. For someone at home with small children, it lulls you into feeling connected with the outside world. And this alone is a drug one must have...It is addicting.

So, today, NO Facebook. No matter how many notices come to my email box, I will not go over to Facebook. I will not. I will not. I. Will. Not.

I know what you're thinking. I said nothing about Blogging or email--so don't judge me. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you crack me up!!
-BW

Jennie said...

I highly recommend turning off the feature that gives you email notices. There's no reason to torture yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

I CAN NOT go there -- over to Facebook. I CAN NOT have one more addiction....darn it....I have to go now. After reading your blog, I am going to go snoop. Because I am the biggest snoop...I still snoop for presents. OK - confession - I snooped for my Mother's Day gift from my KIDS. That is bad. SO, goodbye...off I go to snoop. Thanks alot. :)

GP