Who Am I?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I don't get it.

Facebook.

I was never part of the 'in' crowd. I never attended one event in high school that could legitimately be described as a 'party'. I did fine as I progressed through college and now feel my social skills are well honed. But perhaps it is these latent HS feelings of inadequacy that made me sign up for Facebook yesterday.

I learned that most of my cousins and all of my siblings were communicating (without me there to monitor the conversation) on Facebook and I just had to be apart of it.

Sure, it was great fun to set up my account and post a photo. I found a few friends that were also signed up and I laughed as throughout the day I received email notices like this one...

"Robroy and Heather are now friends."

Well, I thought we had that established years ago, but whatever. :) And I did get to IM with my sister, so that was a neat feature.

But at the end of the day, old as this may make me sound, I don't get it. Can't we just keep in contact with each other via email? Or phone? Or the US Postal system?

Someone explain, please.

No comments: