Who Am I?

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Which Direction

Blissful silence fills my home.  On Friday, two kids headed off to school.  LP and I are enjoying our days-running errands, giggling, using the vacuum and doing laundry.  It is amazing how good it feels to accomplish something.

Today is a glorious sunny day, hotter than it was in July, but a welcome reminder of summer's pace.  I have laundry started, the kitchen will wait and a sermon rattling around in my brain.  Yet, the patio chairs call to me.  I haven't been to the library for a few weeks so my reading selection is low.  I dug around and found two books I started back in June but haven't finished.  They are both work related.  I am reading them with the back thought of whether I could make a discussion group out of them and I think that makes me less interested.

And, then, the September issue of Vogue arrived in today's mail.  (I don't know when I subscribed to Vogue but it may have been a freebie sign up?  Or my brother's doing?)

That would be, Rob Bell's, "What We Talk About When We Talk About God", Shauna Niequist's, "Bread and Wine." and a two inch copy of fall fashion.

It is crazy in my brain, thanks for asking.

I wonder what I crack open first?

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

Vogue!!!