Who Am I?

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ideal Age

During our travels, I found myself waxing nostalgic for years gone by...well, not really, but it is a good introduction to this very random post.

I decided that if I were to "do" any age over again, 16 months might be a good place to hang out for a while.

+You are able to move on your own, but everyone is anxious to hold you and cuddle if need be.
+You are just beginning to try new things and everyone offers grace for those attempts. Your successes are cheered and your failures are triumphs of your adventurous spirit.
+You'll hear the word "no" (at least in our family) but you are still mostly open to redirection. The "oh, look there is a robin out the window" variety of discipline, my husband and I coined it while traveling.
+Let's talk about how cute fat thighs look.
+Two naps a day.
+Boundless energy.
+Pure joy over all the new things in the world.
+Complete adoration of all family members.
+Everyone, and I mean everyone, thinks you are cute. And, they stop to tell you often.

Yep, looks like a very fun age to me.

I would not, however, under any circumstance, want to redo 3.5 years. Wowzers...that looks like a PAINFUL stage of development. (to all involved.)

+In the course of one day, BB went from clinging to me asking if he could still breastfeed to walking across a restaurant to ask a hostess if she "had a place he could throw away his wrapper."
It results in parenting whiplash, so I can only imagine how his little being feels.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Agreed - all sounds very, very good - take me with you!. BTW, two naps/day? You have amazing sleepers (or we have the craziest one....not sure which)