Who Am I?

Friday, July 03, 2009

Blisters and Blogs

Check out Peacebang's Beauty Tips for Ministers blog today...the letter she posts is from ME. He, he!

As the Senior Pastor and Council President were telling me to "just go barefoot," in the face of blistered feet in new shoes, my first thought was... "So not going to happen." My very next thought was, "I have to tell Peacebang about this, she will laugh and understand how odd that would be."

I am old enough (perhaps only in spirit) that all of this blogging and facebook and social networking and "virtual" friends, whew, is pretty new to me. Every once in awhile I have to step back and say, "Whoa...this is odd, and perhaps, not so healthy." But, I also think exchanges this like simple, goofy one are so fun. I am genuinely thankful for many of the "bloggers" whose thoughts and reflections I read each day. I am glad to hear their voice and "listen" to their thoughts. I am thankful for an insight into a larger world. If not for this new form of communication, we might never have connected. Without the likes of Peacebang and others, who would understand the real life crazy world I live in.

Bare feet at the altar, indeed. :)

2 comments:

Colette said...

Hilarious! And I am so glad to see more entries! I felt like I was unsuccessfully stalking you for a while with no results! Wow - and I got some good advice for blisters! Too funny!

Love ya!

Jennie said...

Yeah, so, I've walked around church barefoot (well, nylons-footed) due to not so comfortable heels -- but only after worship was done. (and no sandals on communion sundays!). I'm so glad you are getting so much press in the blogging world! You are my "one-degree" to all these "famous" folk! :)