Who Am I?

Saturday, April 04, 2009

Spring!





This year we have a mourning dove in the nest outside our kitchen window. She is a very dedicated mother. Some of you remember last year and the robin family that became fodder for a few entries...I hope they are well. (there were three 'robin family 'entries in all...I don't foresee too many bird stories this year. The mourning dove just sits there--very little to inspire. yet.)

BB and I have been talking about greeting people when they speak to him. I have encouraged him to say "Hello." when someone greets him. We practice. It does not go well, so we work on it some more. Apparently, our conversations were on his mind as he went out to play in our yard.

After a few minutes of running around, he stopped and I noticed he was looking at the birch tree. He talks the entire time is out there...to himself, mind you...so I thought nothing of it. Eventually he came over to the kitchen door.

In one big breath..."Mom, that robin was watching me play. She...or is it a Mr.? Anyway, she was looking at me with her eyes. She was talking to me, too. With her nose thingy (makes pecking motion with his head) but I didn't know what she was saying to me...I couldn't understand she. So, I didn't say "Hello." Is that ok, Mom? If I not say "Hello" to robins?

I could barely contain the laughter. He was so serious. So. Serious.

1 comment:

Colette said...

Do we live in the same state? We barely had buds on the trees here. G-luck with the new bird family - they are so pretty - looking AND sounding! I miss birds so much.