Who Am I?

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Toothpaste Facial

While my last post was poignant and a sentimental walk down my childhood memory lane, I didn't cultivate my love of makeup or beauty products until junior high.

My daughter started at four.

Apparently, she felt her skin needed a bit of an exfoliation tonight before she headed to bed.  Earlier in the day I was reading the Hollywood Housewife and entering her clarisonic giveaway.  EG asked me what the picture was of and I briefly and absent-mindedly, told her that it was a machine to help wash your face.

Nothing about our exchange alerted me to her curiosity or interest in the topic.  But in true EG forum tonight at bedtime I heard the water running and running in her bathroom.  I heard her talking to herself about how was she was going to get this off her face.  I called out to her from LP's room and something in her voice made me head towards the bathroom.

There she stood, on the stool, staring at her face in the mirror.  She looked delighted and proud and puzzled all at once.  Her entire face was covered in a delicate film of watery toothpaste.  She was gently scrubbing it all over with her toothbrush. 

I took the brush from her hand and gave her an exasperated and probably crabby look.  I told her to close her eyes tightly and began to rise off her face.  She had nothing to say except for when it was done.  She hopped off the stool, shook her slightly wet bangs and proclaimed to no one in particular, "Ah, minty fresh."

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

That is hilarious! Just what I want my face to be - minty fresh. That girl is going to keep you on your toes. : )