Who Am I?

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Balance



It has been said before,**elsewhere and in better ways, but I so respect and admire Meredith's career path.  A woman of such talent, poise, humor and ability, who has shown a generation of women (albeit on a very grand scale) what balancing a family and a career can look like.  That a career path doesn't have to have one trajectory.  That it is painful to leave one "family" for the other.  That parts of you from each role you fill, come with you in to the next one.  It isn't done without sacrifice or tears or thoughtful consideration, but it can be done and done well...but mostly done in your own authentic way.

I was a crying mess over breakfast today as I watched this.  Of course, I'm hormonal.  Plus, whenever anyone cries...I cry.  And, I love a grand gesture...so these tribute shows always get me.

 **  Elsewhere...here,   here,   here

1 comment:

Colette said...

I need to start watching TV - seriously, I had no idea this was going on! And Ann Curry?!