Who Am I?

Thursday, October 28, 2010

CaNdY!!!!!

First.  Our house is still for sale.

Apparently, Halloween is becoming a holiday we celebrate for weeks on end.  The kids have already been to two "Fall Festivals."  Both of which involved CaNdY.  Bags of CaNdY.

We've had some interesting "quiet times."  Instead of doling out CaNdY slowly, or hiding it, (and eating it myself) or buying it back, I am letting the kiddos eat it all.  At one sitting. 

Or, rather at their own pace.  As it turns out they actually pace themselves.  To their mother who has never really understood delayed gratification and has a mild addiction to food sugar, their behavior is odd.

But because of this addiction, and some emphasis on, ya know, nutrition, we never rarely have candy in the house. I figure once a season they might as well go crazy.  It is an odd move in today's parenting world.  I'm not sure if it is a conscience decision on my part or lazy parenting...either way, we are enjoying this week(s) of CaNdY!

1 comment:

Colette said...

My issue is that I bought a bag of Snickers "just in case" we got trick-or-treaters, knowing full well that we weren't going to be here and I wasn't planning to leave a bowl of candy outside in my driveway.

And yes, the other night, the four of us adults devoured almost an entire bag of Snickers. And we were actually saddened that the bars were "smaller" this year. Of course they advertised that they were only 80 calories. Yah, I can see why?!

Kids eating candy? Funny - I never taught E what that word was. She had so much fun collecting it all, but didn't really know what to do with it - until we let her have one box of Dots. "WOW" she said with a gleam in her eye :-) And sadly, that was the end of her candy ingestion. Her energy level has been through the roof these past five days, so I just couldn't do it!