Who Am I?

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Prepare the Way






Prepare the way, make your paths straight, get ready...

Today, on this first Sunday in Advent, we are preparing for much.  On Wednesday, BB turns four.  Four is much more fun than three.  At least for the party planner in me.  BB actually cares what I am doing.  He has the menu planned, he is excited about the party, he has approved the cake, and he keeps making gift requests that I have no idea where to get.  So that should be fun.  I have a number of surprises for him as well.


I am making a t-shirt with the number four on it.

And I am making a streamer door hanging (idea from GP) that will be all green ribbon...he can swish through it to his heart's content on Wednesday.  Except, I keep forgetting to write down on my list that I need a suspension rod from Target.  Suffered through two trips and forgotten each time.  argh.


Of course there will be a cake.  You (and I) will have to wait to see how these royal icing/oreo cookie boulders get used on said cake.


There will also be cookies.  The number 'four' and I made a few hearts.  I believe they have been ordered in shades of yellow.  Can anyone guess the theme of this year's party?  It is actually amazing that we waited 4 years to get to this theme.

Photos of final results will be posted when projects are completed.  My list is long this week, but it is all pretty fun and it brings me great joy.  Hoping it makes one little boy giggle with glee as well.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Any child who asks me, "do you want to know the theme?" when talking about his upcoming birthday will LOVE all that his mama has prepared for him. Enjoy!

Colette said...

Love the 4 T-shirt! Funny, we must've shared a brain wave on that one as I was thinking of making one for Eva as well (uh, yes, that would only be 2) Maybe I'll just wait until she's 4 and re-use Henry's shirt!! It looks like so much fun - enjoy the week and it sounds like you have a little Mr. Stewart that is helping with event planning there ;-)