Who Am I?

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wowzers...Santa Brings it out in People

I don't have a whole lot to share right now. I will report that the projects are getting clicked off the list in a timely manner.

If you are interested in conversations around Santa and how/if to communicate him to your kids, head over to The Paris Project or Peacebang. Both can be found as links on the left.

At three, Santa isn't a huge force in our family. BB doesn't want to meet him and isn't completely sure about him. I think in coming years we will focus a bit more heavily on St. Nicholas and the man behind 'The Man', so to speak....oh, and Jesus. We'll focus on him as well.

I will share that the one time I shared my family's (me and husband) take on this with friends, I was met with surprising passion on the topic of how it "should" be done. To me it has always been just a cute part of the larger season.

And because, once I get going, I can't stop, I will add: as I listen to people talk about Santa, I am struck by how often it is a threat..."You better....because Santa is watching." "Santa only brings toys to good girls and boys." BLECH. It does strike me as being completely opposite to "God born as one of us to free us from sin, and to know our pain."


In other news, I just stumbled across this blog, Design Sponge...what fun projects! I like the scarves.

No comments: