Who Am I?

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Little Elves Came to Help

From the chapter of my life titled, You Can No Longer Do It All, comes this little story about my Christmas cards.

I've made our cards each year. I usually had a goal of getting them to people around the first Sunday in Advent. We have a Christmas card list just over one hundred people. I have high expectations for myself.

All of the above information becomes a stumbling block when you add an infant and a newly minted three year old and my current energy level.

So, going into this year, I tried to come up with easy cards with limited steps involved. But with limited hours for my Card Muse to work, I ended up with 5 step-cards that I wasn't totally in love with/inspired by. So, I put them off. And, off. And, off.

On the first Sunday of Advent my parents and Grandmother were here to celebrate our son's birthday. They became my Christmas Elves.

In matter of hours we folded cards, stamped a blue background, cut out green squares, stamped trees, stamped greetings, punched stars and glued them on.

It would never have happened without them. The best part is, their gift didn't just get the cards done, it jump started my Advent energy level. For me sometimes, when there is so much to do, it becomes easier to do nothing...but once the cards were completed and lined up so carefully by my Grandma on our dining room table, a weight lifted and the rest of the holiday list just started to fly.

Thanks, Elves! Love you so much.

No comments: