Who Am I?

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Tone Matters. Words Matter.




Last night all I heard more fear mongering...more of the same snarky, hateful, mean spirited "jokes" that I've heard for the last eight years. I am filled with my own venom and spite right now...

I have a messiah, don't you dare questions my faith and I find it offensive that the Republicans are using this tact to attack me. I am voting for Sen. Obama because I appreciate his tone and style. I appreciate education and thoughtful reflection. I know what community organizing is and it requires the skill set I think a President needs.

I am also someone who thinks speeches are more than just words. Words can change lives. Telling us who to fear isn't inspiring--it makes me want to crawl into bed. We can do anything and history has proven this. Our American zeal and spirit can be used for the good of the world or for our demise. ...but we must be unified and excited to act and make the necessary changes. Style matters. Tone matters. Words matter.

I think a maverick's zeal, shoot from the hip, and snarky one liners, has gotten us to this point, and I'm not impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yah - I actually wasted my time staying up to listen to this woman last night. The most disturbing part of her speech might have been "the difference between a hockey mom and bull dog is lipstick." Oh my. I was actually listening to her up until then. What annoys me is that we still have no idea WHO this woman is - what her values are, what is important to her, why she is qualified to (god help us) possible run this country if something happens to McCain. She was so full of opinions about others that she forgot to sell herself.