Who Am I?

Monday, June 16, 2008

Awe, Work

Most of the year, part of me envies Chad as he leaves for work each morning. Mind you, I, along with the whole world, wouldn't want me to do what he is doing. Rather, it is the fact he leaves for work. That he speaks to people...and from the sounds of it they get to finish their sentences. It is the alone drive time. It is the satisfaction (and even frustrations) of finishing a task and the joy of being apart of a team.

But these days, these glorious summer days, I keep my mouth shut and just enjoy the gift I have been given.

I am just back from the park with friends. Part of my job description is Chief Educator of Large Muscle Groups-2 year old division. So, off we go each day to a park or field to run, jump and climb. Hard to want to be anywhere else when it is 75 degrees, sunny with dry breeze. When one is standing in a park sipping iced tea and soaking in the sun, all the while watching joyful kids learn and grow. All the while knowing that it is truly what you "should" be doing for your kids--it is hard to wish for a desk in a cubicle farm.

Of course, I have real complaints/concerns/whines about the state of the world, including my own life, but today isn't a day for them. Today is a day to offer up prayers where they are needed and then be grateful for all the ways God is at work in the world and in my life.

No comments: