Who Am I?

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Decorating for Lent

This is the easiest of my decorating seasons. Everything that was up for Valentine's day or winter goes away.

Nothing new comes out.

BB was not impressed. "Mom, what is this season?" Muttering to himself as he walked up the stairs with me..."This isn't fun. Nothing to it...must be somp-thing in a box...on a shelf."

In a photo a few entries earlier you'll note a crucifix on a table. This is the only 'Lent' thing we brought up from the "decorating room." BB touches it and say, "Hi, Lenty Jesus."

Obviously, I haven't quite found my words to describe this season. BB talks about people dying enough already that I'm not sure what Jesus' death and then resurrection will do, beside make for some very complex conversations.

Any chance I can just leave it as a decorating theme of austerity?

No comments: